Let's look at some data from NAR, McKinsey, and the CFPB regarding consumer buying behaviors…
Using video for mortgage marketing takes consistency, but it will pay off.
If you are loan officer you need to be branding yourself with video. If you own a mortgage brokerage, give your company an identity beyond your logo by using video. I may be repeating myself from previous posts but I feel very strongly about this.
3 things you need to get started using video for mortgage marketing.
- Your cell phone, this can be your camera.
- A tripod with a cell phone holder
- Camtasia or imovie for editing
What should I do after I have the all the equipment?
1. Create some videos
Look at your mortgage website for inspiration, if you do not have one, call me 😉 Look at every page and ask yourself “Could I add a video to this page to make it better?” The answer should be yes to just about every page. Your loan program pages, contact page, homepage, about us page a can all have a video. That would give you a great start to getting comfortable talking to the camera and doing some editing.
2. Once you have some videos you now possess some amazing marketing material. Use the video for mortgage marketing in these ways:
- Facebook and Instagram ads to people in your area.
- Facebook and Instagram ads to real estate agents in your area.
- Start a YouTube Channel.
- Setup YouTube retargeting.
Most mortgage companies/loan officers are not doing any of this. Video is such a great way to set yourself apart from the competition. Do not get left behind!
If you have been filming and using video I would love to see it! Send me some links.
One thing that has helped me film more for Vonk Digital has been time blocking. I block off time each week where I do nothing but film.I only need a couple hours per week. Shout out to Alex Caragiannides from BSM Vault for the tip!
As always thank for you watching and reading.